Brendan Carpenter is a running coach and marathoner who lost 160 pounds. His story has been watched by millions on social media. Brendan shares his journey, his challenges as a creator, his new job, and the viral moments that led to him having a few hundred thousand followers on TikTok.
Did you know that our host Nelson also lost a whopping 130 pounds? This is an episode about personal creation – shedding weight to realize our dreams. Seeing what’s possible when we really put ourselves out there. From going on air with Ryan Seacrest to becoming a creator and getting signed to an agency, Brendan’s story is an experience that can serve as inspiration for us all.
Once I crossed that finish line it just like kinda completely changed my life. It’s not something I ever expected because, like I said, I was 360 pounds and I could not even run for a minute.Brendan Carpenter
In This Episode:
- Having that AHA moment when you know that you need to lose weight
- How Nelson lost 130 pounds using the Bernstein Diet
- Understanding caloric density
- How did Brendan start running?
- Life will take you where you want — if you just let it
- Going on-air with Ryan Seacrest
- Instagram versus TikTok – batch posting and knowing when to post
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome
- What is NOOM and mindful eating all about?
- What does the future hold for Brendan?
- Grow through what you go through
Connect with Brendan Carpenter:
- TikTok – @brecarperuns
- Instagram – brecarperuns/
Connect with Cast of Creators:
- Nelson – Hvr
- Casie – Hvr
- Hvr Sitepartner program
- Hvr Instagram
- Download Hvr for iOS & Android