Are you ready to learn how to increase your TikTok audience? Drake Andrews and Kyle Pretzlaff are Kozen Creative, and masters at growing a following on TikTok. Together they’ve gained millions of views through the content they create and have well over 300K followers.
Get ready to take notes! In this super practical episode of Cast of Creators, thDRake & Kyle show us how they built an audience on TikTok, step by step. They first set out to solve a problem, while also providing a glimmer of what they want to see by creating those videos.
Whether it’s plus-size fashion or lifestyle videos, working for clients such as Amazon, Savage X Fenty, and Buzzfeed — or just posting about their day — Drake and Kyle are earning a living creating valuable, entertaining content on TikTok and Instagram. As founders of Kozen Creative, they’re at the top of their game in the short-form video space, it’s a privilege to learn some of their secrets. Get ready to take notes!
I went from no one seeing what I do, to like too many people seeing what I do. So now it’s a jobKyle Pretzlaff, @kylefrominsta
In This Episode:
- Drake quits his job to make TikTok videos full-time
- Kyle’s career journey to his role as an ‘accidental creator’
- The value of being ‘hyper niche’ — and then solving a problem
- Kyle’s focus on lifestyle versus Drake’s focus on fashion-forward
- What is the best way to do Ottawa?
- How to work with brands to make short-form videos
- What is the most rewarding part of their jobs?
- What are some of the key things to do if you’re launching a TikTok channel?
- Content tip: have something important in the first 3 seconds
- Understanding TikTok as an entertainment platform
- How to use trending sounds in TikTok
- How to get your viewer to relate to your content
- How often should you post?
- Unpacking mental health and social media
- How do this power couple make times for themselves, offline?
- What scheduling tool is best for managing when you post content?
- How do you deal with the haters?
- What does the future for Kozen Creative look like?
- Drake shares on their podcast about queer people coming out
- ‘We shine because we’ve gone through the darkness’
- Preserving your own emotional reserves when dealing with traumatic content
- How it takes ten years to become an overnight success