Talia Zoref is an artist and illustrator who creates live art at fashion show events around the world. She’s sketched Kendall Jenner, Hailey Bieber, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Gigi and Bella Hadid, and Naomi Campbell… to name a few! Talia has made the Forbes’ ‘30 under 30 List’ AND she’s also kind of a big deal in the world of NFTs.
In this episode of Cast of Creators, Talia shares her infectious enthusiasm for art, fashion, and grabbing opportunity when it presents itself. From cold-calling major fashion brands and asking if she can live sketch the runway, to giving strangers her art, it’s all helped to open doors. Talia is a bright shining light of generosity, creativity, and talent!
She’s also taken her unique drawing style and transferred it into the world of NFTs and Web3. She shares her tricks, learnings, insights, and her ‘joie de vivre’ in this wonderfully inspiring episode of Cast of Creators.
It always pays off to be nice and follow your passion and sketch and share your art.Talia Zoref
In This Episode:
- Where did it all start for Talia?
- Learning about blogs in 2012
- Combining her two dreams of working in fashion and illustrating
- Studying fashion design in Canada
- The magical early Instagram days
- Sketching fashion brands that lead to commissions
- Commissions lead to press and attention!
- Getting invited to fashion shows with mega-celebrities
- What method does Talia use when sketching live?
- The time Talia sketched Anna Wintour
- Making your own good luck by sharing your art
- How long does it take to sketch a celebrity live?
- Picking up on the essence of someone when you draw
- Capturing people through your intuition
- How we grow by facing our fear of rejection
- Using different paint mediums
- Talia’s move into the world of NFTs
- The career trajectory of an artist in a pre-digital world versus NOW
- Understanding generative art
- Talia’s plans to bring fashion to Web 3.0
- The beauty of artists getting royalties for their creations
Connect with Talia Zoref:
- Website – Talia Zoref
- Talia Zoref Art 🎨 A R T I S T (@taliazorefstyle)
- Twitter – @taliazoref
- Linktree – eyesoffashion